I try to think of sugar plums (which sound disgusting, though they look pretty delicious in this here picture to the right - and by delicious I mean if you're a carnivore and love eating raw meat - YUM!) and fairies, but it doesn't really work. And I no longer take the Advil PM, so I think the stomach bleeding has subsided, for now.
Most of these dreams give me time to know that I am going to die. It's not quick. There's warning. There's panic followed by a strange calmness, an acceptance of one's fate. It's something everyone, all over, is doing together. There's no escaping. What a way to show humanity we're all in this together. In the dreams the TV reporters stop reporting with 5-12 hours left, to be with their loved ones, and for those lonely people out there, if they choose to stay indoors rather than watch the spectacular sun approaching, there is a looping tape playing on all channels of loved ones greeting each other at the airport (like in "Love Actually"). I was thinking about that above scene last night, and how I could work it into its own piece, but then I remembered that I've already seen it. There was this 10 minute play, "The Kiss", I saw last summer at a Chicago Dramatists play festival. The sun was engulfing the earth, I think, but I remember everything was growing really dark... so maybe it was the moon colliding. Anyway, there is the guy and a girl (who didn't know each other before this moment) who both escaped the craziness of the city to watch from atop a car in this junkyard on the edge of society. They discuss the lives they've lead and how it might feel to die this way, and (here comes the title) the guy says he imagines it will be like a kiss, perhaps a goodnight one.
So I'd have to do it differently than that.
I found the above when searching for the "Twilight Zone" - very bizarre. I think the latter part of #1 can be explained when you mention the housewife was on acid and a combination of other drugs she acquired from Amy Winehouse. The same can be said for #2, or Iran's missile testing. #3, a LION! How about a Cougar?! That happened here! Let's say people in Leicester like to watch a lot of movies... maybe Arachnophobia and Lake Placid - yeah. CRABS falling from the sky? That sounds like a mean prank Richard Branson would play... and also a bunch of hooey! I should look and see if this came from the National Enquirer. Just thought I would share the head-scratching goodness with you.Adieu.

1 comment:
That picture of sugar plums kind of looks like raw ground beef.
Post a Comment