Rothbury is hours away. Hours. I can taste it. Loungin' in the sweet Michigan woods, coating my body in bug spray/sun block from head to foot. Taking deep breaths of wild, crisp air. And dancin'. Dancin' like a maniac. Like a machine. Like me.
Here's my tentative schedule, and I am continually amazed by the line-up. Incredible!
Thursday, July 3rd.
7:15 - 8:30 Greensky Bluegrass (gettin' down n' dirty, shoes off, jumpin' 'round in the dirt like a crazy hillbilly!)
9 - 10:30 Zappa Plays Zappa (AHHHHH!!!wesome!)
10 - 11:30 Mickey Hart Band (
12 - 2 EOTO (um. yes! dance, dance, dance with Sam the Space Dog)
Friday, July 4th - Happy Birthday, America!!
I want to see both The Beautiful Girls and The Dynamics, both playing sets between 12:30 and 1:30... so, we'll see.
Ahhh, The Wailers at 2:30 - 3:30
And Tea Leaf Green from 2 - 3
3 - 3:45 Mucca Pazza (they's soooo crazy!)
4:15 - 5:30 SNOOP DOGG
5:15 - 6:30 Keller
7 - 8:45 YMSB
Perhaps a snippet of Modest Mouse at 7.
OF MONTREAL at 9:30 - 10:45!!!!!!!!
Then, Widespread Panic after!!!
Runnin' over to Flosstradamus (SOOOO FUN!) at 12:15 to 1:15.
Then Primus after
And, who knows what after that!!
Saturday, July 5th
I think I'll do some yoga with my friend Ashley, and Michael Franti in the morning
Then, I don't know I have choices of Four Fingered Five, Dead Confederate, and Trampled by Turtles... who these bands be? I don't know, we'll see.
Hmmm... I've heard things about these Dresden Dolls playing at 3:30
Then ahhh... MMW and runnin' to the Black Keys. I think the Black Keys, definitely, for I am in love.
Michael Franti & Spearhead at 6:30
Then I don't know....
STS9 from 12 - 2:30 (holy moly!!! YES!!!)
And DJ Harry to close the show down-town
Sunday, July 6th
I've heard things about this Brett Dennen at 1:30
Rodrigo y Gabriela at 2:45
Trey Anastasio at 4:30
Gov't Mule for a bit at 6:15
ATMOSPHERE at 7:30!!
PHIL LESH AND FRIENDS shutting that party down at 8:30
And back to the campsite to rage it, or sleep, but most definitely rage.
And that, my friends, is going to be how I celebrate my individual freedoms. God Bless America!
Boarding Schools Exist For a Reason: A Lesson in Parenting
-
Spending a rainy Saturday watching the Lifetime Movie Network, one thing
has been made clear to me: teenage girls are terrifying and they all belong
in boa...
14 years ago

2 comments:
Thursday
Greensky Bluegrass
Perpetual Groove
Zappa Plays Zappa
Mickey Hart Band…
EOTO
Friday
Jakob Dylan…
Tea Leaf Green
The Wailers
Snoop
Keller
Yonder
Widespread
Primus
Pnuma Trio
Saturday
The Black Keys
MMW (?)
Michael Franti…
DMB (?) or nap
STS9
Crystal Method
Sunday
Taj Mahal
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Trey
Mike
nap?
Phil and Friends
YES!!
I love the naps factored in, too. Good work!!
BED TENT!!
Post a Comment