NPR Music is my savior from office boredom.
Playlist from '06
1. I like this newer Who song which retains their original goodness - what a duo that Townshend and Daltrey are, and they're still sooooo good-lookin' (did you know that they never reached #1 on Billboard?! The classic rock music channel on TV said that, but I'm not going to double check, so let's hope it's right even though that seems outrageously untrue)! Daltrey's voice sounds as good as always, like an angel, not scratched out like some other aged rockers.
2. The Low Lows. Mmm! Yes! I would totally be tricked by this hauntingly melodic spider. And I like this album title, "Fire on the Bright Sky"!
3. This King Crimson song reminds me of Bowie... and it's from '69. Whoa. Just goes to show that good music is timeless. That Athens, Georgia is sure a hub for some great acts...
4. I LOVE RATATAT!! This song just makes me want to dance like a WILD CAT and do an arm shoot out and RAWR with a curled lip. A few hip circles thrown in there and possibly a running man, and some disco eyes. Who's got the smoke machine?
5. This reminds of Vampire Weekend (or rather Vampire Weekend reminds me of the Born Ruffians as they've been around longer), at least the beginning, and all the "hey hey hey hey hey hey hey ahwooooooooooooo!"s. I like this song a lot. Fun lyrics, and the title of course is marvelous, "This Sentence Will Ruin/Save Your Life"
6. Baby I'm Yours. YAY! I love this song... eh, a mediocre cover. Disappointing. Arctic Monkeys, merh.
This playlist definitely has some quality songs that I believe require further investigation and perhaps investment. Yes.
I love French music. Rooo troi, shu shu. A staff pick, sounds pretty good so far. Wiki compared her to Bjork. How fun! I hope she's not as crazy.
Boarding Schools Exist For a Reason: A Lesson in Parenting
-
Spending a rainy Saturday watching the Lifetime Movie Network, one thing
has been made clear to me: teenage girls are terrifying and they all belong
in boa...
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment