Here's my dream day:
Who can it be knocking at my door?
Go 'way, don't come 'round here no more.
Can't you see that it's late at night?
I'm very tired, and I'm not feeling right.
All I wish is to be alone;
Stay away, don't you invade my home.
Best off if you hang outside,
Don't come in - I'll only run and hide.
Who can it b- SMACK! Awake.
5PM. Stroll over to the Art Institute and look really intelligent surveying the pieces and jotting (with a pencil!) in my notebook.... spend an hour or two, go home, play guitar with a glass of wine, find boxes (maybe do that first), pack, pack, pack until I don't want to pack no'mo'.
In reality... it did not happen like this (this being my dream vision).
5AM. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! -SMACK. Morning run, yeah, right. Reset the alarm for 6.
6AM. Something happens - I'm still sleeping... the clock rolls on.
6:57AM. "Oh no! Oh no! Oh no." That's all I could say as I wished I could turn time back at least to 6:30. I had to leave my house for the bus at 7:15... thank goodness I didn't run last night otherwise I would be pret-ty, pret-ty, pretty ripe at the office as there was no time for a shower. I stumbled around my apartment in attempt to assemble myself for the day ahead, still sleepy and seriously discombobulated. I hope this matches that! French shower - spray, spray, spray. And I rushed out the door, sleep lines still on face and arm. Bus-to-bus and in the office, on-time!I didn't have any coffee duties, as I had to leave work early yesterday to put down a deposit on the scary side-entrance apartment (YAY!!), the lady in charge gave coffee responsibility to my friend instead. Shucks! Oh yeah, and no time for lunch-making in the morning, so I'm going to have to buy that - $7, damn! I did impress myself with my superior speedy gettin' ready skillz though. So, that's fun. I may look like a bus hit me on the way to work, but I made it! I'm here, and on-time!
After work we'll have, AI, home, run, boxes, guitar, pack... and throw a shower somewhere in there, too. I think that should be good. Yes? Yes! And we're back on track!

No comments:
Post a Comment