Thursday, August 14, 2008

Paint that shit GOOOOOOLD!

Atmosphere's new-isher album is ah-mazing!!

From"The Rest of Us" to "You" to "Glass House" to "Yesterday" to "Music Box" and all the ones in between, "Guarantees" and "Wild Wild Horses" and "Me" and "The Waitress" too - okay, so everything's great(!). Weaving in old school with the new school and fresh rhymes. Mmm! And Slug's sooooo good-lookin'!

So I've read that this album is more optimistic, or less angry, at least. If you listen to Seven's Travels (bummer, only 30 second snippets! but you get the jist, soooo good - I really like "Always Comin' Back Home to You", "In My Continental", "Cats Van Bags" - and again, superb, quality tunes) you'll notice it, he seemed pretty angry in '03, and now he's starting to change it up because of his baby girl and everything, life is good. Paint that shit gold.

I'm still reeling from the fact that I decided not to see them in Chi City in April because I was going to see them at Rothbury, and then I was too into what was happening, and somehow John Mayer seemed magical and I was stuck on my blanket and missed the show with Brother Ali. Bummer! And people said it was one of the best shows, which there were a lot so that's really sayin' something. At least I got to see 'em in Columbia last fall, so that was good. Something's better than nothing, or so I'm told.


** OH MY!! I just found this in searching for Atmosphere pictures, and wow! I love this, I love it a lot!! Two of my most favorite musical acts, in ONE!!!

I'm still pretty new to Atmosphere, well. I got "Seven's Travels" when it came out because my freshman year roommate knew some good tuneage, and I love that album, but it's the only one that I have. So, I'm still learning - thank you free napster.

Also, I don't know if I've posted this already, but here's an NPR acoustic studio sesh with Slug and two other rockin' musicians; that lady's got some soul. It's delicious.

No comments: