--James St. James
My friend, Ashley, and I really like the movie, Party Monster (Culkin and Green were hilarious, fabulous and brilliant, as was the rest of the cast [Marilyn Manson!!], and it's just such a crazy story. I like it a lot). I have yet to read the book, Disco Bloodbath, written by the glamorous Mr. James St. James, but it's definitely at the top of my list... near-top.Last year I was a Club Kid-ized Tinkerbell for Halloween: neon and glitter, green wig, sparkle wings, and fairy dust to sprinkle on those brave enough to say "yes, please" or those unfortunate enough to be within range as the night wore on. Anyway, Ashley and I decided that we're going to dress up like Club Kids for this EOTO concert we're going to in October. So last week, while at work (cause I still don't have internet at home, thanks for being responsible Comcast) I googled "Club Kids" to find outfit inspiration, and I stumbled upon this little gem of a blog history of fashion ethnography. Funny and fabulous!
.
Then, at the bottom there was this article with delicious pictures of Mr. Rafael (his fans call him "Rafa") Nadal. Below are my favorites as I want to be able to look at them all the time without having to go through the link, found here. And I'm not a huge tennis fan, I mean, I appreciate what these athletes do for training and their talent and all that jazz, but I don't clear my schedule to watch it... maybe I'll start so I can oogle Mr. Rafa (who, by the way is #1 in the world. I didn't get to watch the Olympics at all, either. Again, Comcast, but that's another story and it's boring. I don't really mind that I missed 'em, except what if I'm on a game show one day and they ask me something about the 2008 Olympics and I won't know because I didn't watch 'em and didn't really care enough to read up on 'em.).




.
OH, and I think I'm hilarious and I put this up as my gchat status: He may be younger and stronger than me, but that's nothing a li'l chloroform soaked rag can't beat. He will be mine. Oh yes, Nadal will be mine. With this picture to the right as my image. And I joke about the chloroform, I mean, really? C'mon. But if I did, it would be in a humorous Jim Carrey as Ace Ventura type of way. And Nadal and I would laugh and laugh, as I duct taped him to a bed. No, I kid. I kid!.


No comments:
Post a Comment