It just is, right? It feels so good. Ahhhhhhhhh! Stretch. My back's a little tight right now, and it's totally my own fault. I was running late for yoga yesterday morning, looking for gloves that were on my hands with the lights off, or something, and I walked in [only] 5 minutes late. They were already getting serious, and rather than warming up and then jumping in later, I jumped in right away and felt my back tighten up when I went into my first chaturanga dandasana (You like how I dropped that pose like I know what I'm talking about? I'm learning, slowly, but surely!), it's part of the sun salutation - good times. I wonder if my muscles needed to be extra warmed up because, while I did walk to the gym, my muscles probably froze a little somewhere along the way. It being -11 degrees outside and all. WONDERFUL WINTER! How you bite me so! So yeah, and then we did the inverted wall thing, or maybe it's an inverted dandasana - you sit with your back against the wall, legs out in front of you and then you mark where your heels were and plant your hands as you go into a tight downdog-ish, and then you just climb up the wall backwards, three or four steps, until your 90 degrees, and you just hang out for a while; it's pretty crazy. Then later the instructor had us doing these crazy hops up to a handstand, and I felt like a mentally challenged rabbit; I laughed a lot and then I stopped. I kind of worry about the instructors at my gym ever since I took a class with one instructor who wasn't correcting people on their form; I noticed people in the class were being sloppy in their movements and she didn't say anything to them, and that's just not good for you and it's distracting for me, and disconcerting, for sure. So now, I'm like, am I doing everything right? I'll ask tomorrow if I can get there early enough. If. Oh.
But this yoga thing is good. I've done pilates in the past, but this is strong stretching to the MAX! And I like the whole meditative practice that goes with it, and focusing on inner peace and connecting to yourself. It's pretty cool. And it feels so good!! WoW! What a way to start the day, I say. Nice. And I have a crazy ridiculous Christmas sweater to wear to the company party tomorrow - FUN TIMES!!! And then I go home to Missouri for Christmastime family fun!!! I hope this evil winter weather doesn't ruin (say it as if you were British) my plans. Ooh! So much to do before then.
Boarding Schools Exist For a Reason: A Lesson in Parenting
-
Spending a rainy Saturday watching the Lifetime Movie Network, one thing
has been made clear to me: teenage girls are terrifying and they all belong
in boa...
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment