Thursday, December 4, 2008

If I were in a band....

This past weekend I was lucky enough to get my hands on some serious Rock Band action at a friend's house. Now, this was my first encounter with the experience (yeah, that's right, it's not a game, man) and let me tell you, ROCKIN'!!... but not really, sorta furiously clicking and concentrating really hard. So, yeah, I was slightly intoxicated. One mustn't pass up free Absolut. Am I right? Yes, I am. And tallboys of PBRs (pronounced perbs). I played the drums, and the guitar, and I sang - BOY! Did I sing! Wow. Now, I'm no Yoko Ono, but I can waaaaaaaaaaaail if I want to! Actually, I think I loved singing the most because it was the only thing I didn't have to get saved on. Drumming was a lot of fun once I got the hang of it; the guitar grew on me? Anyway, it was SPECTACULAR! - and I can't wait for some more rockin' with my friends (I sang that so you know). ASIA'S ONLY TIME WILL TELL just came on!!! I wonder if they have that? Okay, you know what's crazy? That I just found a list for all the songs on Rock Band on wikipedia - the things. Is the internet bigger than the world? NO! They sure don't have it! An atrocity! And, what I was getting to is band names. Yeah, Ricky don't lose that number. Hey! That could be one: Ricky & the Numbers? No, okay just that line? Is it copyrighted? Yes. So, I was thinking about if I were to ever be in a rock band, what would the name be? Y'know? And I concluded that I would make sure we had a fuckin' outrageous name to match our fuckin' outrageously awesome sound.... AKA:

**Not in any particular order as all are AWESOME!!

1. Like Water (briefly explored in college with my partner in musical crime, Smash McDash AKA DJ Miss Slee)

2. Gang of Cats

3. Earthquake Insurance

4. Scott Bakula is my Father

5. Six Shootin' Sisters

6. Plaid & Corduroy

7. Umlat: Dot Dot

8. Ferociousity

9. Anne & the Toinettes

10. Dingbat Tally & Cribby Squires (a one-time only duo event - maybe to be resurrected later?)

11. Lazarus Rising

12. Jellybean & the Jaybirds (back-up singers nekkie, of course)

13. Rawr!

14. Jaguar Kitties

15. Chief Thick Beard

16. MCRs (I didn't want to tell you what it meant. Keep you guessing, y'know? But I might forget if I don't: Magic Carpet Riders; shh)

17. The Unemployment Line

18. Lichtende Zeeën/Fluorescent Sea

19. From Fish to Birds

20. Archimedes & The Wizard

21. Cape Cad in the Summah

22. The Doo Wats (alternative spelling Doo Wats -- inspired by Tony Pastor and the Clooney Sister's "Gonna Get a Girl")

23. In Honor of Ellington

24. Paisley & The Squares

25. You Best Buy

26. Canuck, Y'Wanna

27. Cliche Clique Chic (okay, just try to say it a couple times really fast, you get the hang of it, no? No? Oh.)

28. The Killer Dillers

29. Whachutahk'bouts

30. Running With Kites

31. Panda Bears & Bully Buttons (first album/we would ad as: Who doesn't love us?)

32. C'mon

33. Mr. Bojangles' Band

34. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight (Ohhh ohh - what is that song; who sings it? I can only remember that part and a few mumbles before and after.) GENESIS! I don't need your help. Band name still? Maybe just The Ohhh Ohhs, it would encourage our fans to sing along.

35. I Found a Monkey

36. Two Brains, One Mic (or that could just be a smashing article title for an explosive criticism of a bad band; or ironic)

37. The Wits

38. Oui: a French Yes cover band (I plan to go abroad one day)

39. Pine Tree Island

40. Scotch, Straight Up

41. Scotch, On the Rocks

42. Jimmy, Give Me a Cola

***George Clooney Drinks Whiskey
***George Clooney Drinks Scotch
***George Clooney Drinks Bourbon
***George Clooney Drinks A Lot

43. Chevy Chase is Paul Simon

44. Dogs in the Moonlight

45. We Are Flight Attendants

46. Incidents & Accidents

47. Sheep & Ewes

48. Warm Wool

49. Ewes Are Sheep

50. Sheep Are Ewes

51. The Venn Diagrams

52. The Pony Express

53. Noise Boulevard

54. Deutschland ist mein Heim

55. The Screaming Lobsters

56. God, I Hate Boars

57. Cabra Picante

58. The Ghost Owls

59. Porter, Cavendish & Wadsworth

60. The Railroad Tycoons

61. Hammer Fight

62. The Lonely Remainder

63. Fuckin' Long Division

Okay, and I think that's it. If you couldn't tell, I was kinda grabbing for things there at the end. Ohhh. This was fun. K.

64. Georgie & The Highlighters

65. Camping Vacation

66. Oxymoron

I'm doing it again. Done. For real.

67. Charlie & The Prisms

The next day...

68. The Radness

69. Rodney Raddington & The Raiders

70. Golden Toothpicks

71. Whiskey Love

72. The Dull Surprises

73. Sally & The Swashbucklers

74. Jeremiah Messiah

Later that day...

75. Captain William & The Kidds (though this might require a frontman named, William, which I would assume is completely doable with a visit to the County Clerk - is that where you go for name changes?)

76. The Land Pirates

77. It's Freedom Time!

A few days later...

78. Fax Machine Confusion

79. Falafel Joy

80. Bamboo Shooters

81. Mind Loss

*** 12.14 additions
The [Red] Rovers
Wandering Rovers (first title: Rovers Rove Redundantly)

5 comments:

AshMastandrea said...

Don't forget the HAHAHAs!

Lauren said...

Dear Kate!

Those are some wonderful names for bands! Really really wonderful! Especailly:

2. Gang of Cats
5. Six Shootin' Sisters
7. Umlat: Dot Dot
10. Dingbat Tally & Cribby Squires (a one-time only duo event - maybe to be resurrected later?)
21. Cape Cad in the Summah
29. Whachutahk'bouts
30. Running With Kites
31. Panda Bears & Bully Buttons (first album/we would ad as: Who doesn't love us?)

Okay, I'm done listing my favorites.

36. Two Brains, One Mic (or that could just be a smashing article title for an explosive criticism of a bad band; or ironic)
38. Oui: a French Yes cover band (I plan to go abroad one day)
39. Pine Tree Island
43. Chevy Chase is Paul Simon
44. Dogs in the Moonlight
45. We Are Flight Attendants
46. Incidents & Accidents
56. God, I Hate Boars

No, no I'm seriously done listing my favorites. I swear. I mean, wait. Did I say?:

58. The Ghost Owls
59. Porter, Cavendish & Wadsworth
60. The Railroad Tycoons
63. Fuckin' Long Division
64. Georgie & The Highlighters

Now I'm really done
67. Charlie & The Prisms
69. Rodney Raddington & The Raiders
70. Gold Toothpicks
73. Sally & The Swashbucklers

But, seriously I am done.

And, why must you always talk like you aren't in a band? We have a band! How could you forget The Lonely Hearts and The Garden Walkers?

WHAT!!!!!

Now I'm angry. Like the kind of angry you only get when you are hot.

THEE American Penguin said...

Another band name: I'm So Hot I'm Angry (hot as in heat, even though all band members are SEX-AY!)

THEE American Penguin said...

A friend just emailed me this list, and I thought some of them were pretty hilarious... so, here, have a laugh for yourself, yo's:

Potential Band Names:
1. Trident
2. Trisexual
3. The Triad
4. Khan
5. Wrath of Khan
6. Suck My Khan
7. Jagon
8. The Extremers
9. The More Extremers
10. The More Extremer Steamers
11. The Steamers
12. Jam My Steamer
13. Steamy Jammy Jams
14. Jam van Steam
15. Jam van Winkle
16. This Band Roxx!
17. Roxx My Boxx
18. Hot Necked Beast
19. Hot Nekkid Beast
20. Roast Beast
21. Fiveskin
22. Lips My Fiveskin
23. Lips My Fourskin
24. Lips My Foreskin
25. Lipskin McGruffnagle
26. McGruff the Crime Dog
27. Clan MacGregor
28. Macguyver's Pocketknife + Ball of String
29. The Conscientious Objectors
30. Asleep Consciousness
31. Asleep at the Wang
32. Wangface
33. You Just Got Wangfaced!
34. Face + Wang = You
35. f(x)
36. The Derivatives
37. The Antiderivatives
38. X Marks the Spot
39. X Marx the Karl
40. X-Men
41. X-Treme
42. Sextasy
43. Hot Sextasy
44. The Ex-Presidents
45. Rod Blagojevich
46. The Super Nintendos
47. The Regular Nintendos
48. The Spinjas

What say you?

THEE American Penguin said...

What's His Face and the Other Guy --- best new band name