Friday, January 23, 2009

Merriweather Post Pavilion is great!!!

Mesmerizing. Ambient. Magical. Forest frolicking.

I'm really digging Animal Collective's new album, Merriweather Post Pavilion - check it out for yourself here, and read a Pitchfork Media review here.

My fave is still "My Girls" -- but I'm only half-way through the album, so that could all change, but I like it so much that I find that doubtful. AC is where it's at, yo!

And, ooh! "Taste" is pretty great, too. Am I really all the things that are outside of me? on repeat. As the Pitchfork review stated, I, too, like the philosophical human existence puzzle themes; though this is one of the albums that you have to really listen to as the lyrics are spun out so quickly - it'd be one of those albums that my mom would say, "I can't even understand what they're saying!"

And PS, again, Pitchfork is right! I love "Brother Sport" too!! WOW! What an album!!! HOORAY!!

No comments: