PS - the band looks way cool, and NO WONDER I LIKE THEM!!!, Devendra Banhart is a part of it... sometimes? I'm doing me some investigating at my local record shop, and I'd advise you to do the same, eh?
PPS- learn more about the sweet, sweet smelling vetiver grass. Bless you, Wikipedia.Back to work so I can afford this ticket. Merh, merh, merh.
---11/24/08--- I bought the album the night I wrote the above. Beautiful stuff. Folksy covers of which I wish to hear the originals. Great songs. The CD insert begins with, "Play us an old song, one of your favorites. Currents songs are nice too, but we always seem to prefer the songs that surprise us and come out of nowhere. How did we find them? How did they find us?" Then it goes on to tell of Vetiver's musical journey in finding these songs, and their band story in general. It concludes speaking graciously of the amazing time they had discovering these songs and making this album, and urges the listener to, "...please seek out the albums these songs came from and share them, and everything you dig, with the people around you." Yeah, I dig, and I will. After all, sharing is caring. And care is love? Yes, it is.
All the songs are just so good!

No comments:
Post a Comment