But I still find it annoying when people spell common words completely wrong. Not even close. Or, when they leave out contractions... hey, I heard your going to the store. NO! That's wrong! Don't be stupid! Sound it out in your head!
Guitar classes are over. The last two songs we learned
--LIKE A ROCK (we did not learn but I am listening to Seeger and his Silver Bullet Band) will forever be ruined for me. Never again will I be able to enjoy it, because I will only think of Chevy being hustlers with their schemes of selling trucks to cowboys with big hats and tall boots who like to spin their tires in the dirt and mud and haul heavy things. Just sayin', just so you know.--
were "Rocket Man" [Elton John] and "Old Man" [Neil Young] and I really love playing the latter. Here's how it goes, in case you don't know. Amazing, Neil Young. I love you.
Old man look at my life, I'm a lot like you were.
Old man look at my life, I'm a lot like you were.
Old man look at my life, twenty four and there's so much more,
Live alone in a paradise that makes me think of two.
Love lost, such a cost, give me things that don't get lost.
Like a coin that won't get tossed, rolling home to you.
Old man take a look at my life, I'm a lot like you.
I need someone to love me the whole day through
Ah, one look in my eyes and you can tell that's true.
Lullabies, look in your eyes, run around the same old town.
Doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you.
I've been first and last look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last, rolling home to you.
Old man take a look at my life, I'm a lot like you.
I need someone to love me the whole day through
Ah, one look in my eyes and you can tell that's true.
Old man look at my life, I'm a lot like you were.
Old man look at my life, I'm a lot like you were.
-------------------------------------------------------------
And it's really fun to play, I like sliding between D and Fmaj7. And the chorus, F to Am, to some crazy one stringed E. Beautiful. Beautiful! Also, I have "Passenger Seat" by Wilco, but I can't seem to get the beat down. I need to practice my strumming.
I love coffee. Sometimes. Most of the time. I like that after a long weekend, my friend Ash said she was going to "Coffee her way through Monday." She's a funny girl. And it's true. That's what you do when you work at an office. You drink obscene amounts of coffee, and get tired of sitting, and being on computers. The coffee that you feel like you need to chew is the best, but it's liquid so you don't really need to chew it, but it's so strong you chomp. Sometimes I do that with wine.
I'm thinking about doing another blog post today, because there's no work in my queue... AHHH! But I want to talk about my Friday at the Art Institute and I would have to recall events/thoughts by looking at my notebook, and that's blatantly saying to everyone, "Hey! Look at me, I'm not working..." (even though I literally have nothing to do -sigh! I sigh a lot at work, I'm so exasperated here!) sooo, I don't think it'd be very professional of me, and I might put it off until tomorrow when no one is in the office with me at 8am.
Does anyone else get reminded of Bruce Springsteen when they listen to The Hold Steady's lead singer? It's not just me, is it? A little bit? Maybe? Not me, the fact that the guy sounds like the Boss. Here's some summer music for you, courtesy the kind folks at NPR. Marvelous.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91707889&ps=bb1
I think drinking on top of water towers would be very dangerous, and considering my silly fear of heights I would not be partaking in the festivities.
Peace.
Boarding Schools Exist For a Reason: A Lesson in Parenting
-
Spending a rainy Saturday watching the Lifetime Movie Network, one thing
has been made clear to me: teenage girls are terrifying and they all belong
in boa...
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment