Tuesday, June 17, 2008

MMMMM! Music

Listen to the new My Morning Jacket album, "Evil Urges":

http://free.napster.com/view/artist/index.html?id=11552534

I'm really digging it so far. Showcasing their versatile sound and awesomeness. I think it'd be pretty great to see them live. The vocals on "Highly Suspicious" remind me slightly of Prince, he sings so high, so high-i-high-high-iiiiii! Mm. I'm at work right now so I haven't been able to devote complete concentration on soaking in the sounds, but it's been an enjoyable experience.


And, how about this! She & Him on NPR. I think Zooey D. is a wonderful actress (although I question her reason for being in M. Night Shamalamadingdong's "The Happening" because I heard that it was, get this, AWFUL!) and I very much like listening to her singing. Probably better than stupid Scarlett Johannse/on (sp?). Anyway, She & Him, is Zooey and M. Ward. This is a little interview with the two of them, then some music, and it finishes off with talking to their producer man god, Steve Lillywhite, who's helped such acts as U2, Johnny Cash, and on and on... he's basically Bruce Dickinson - watch out for this gold record!!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91377953


So enjoy, my dear blogger enthusiasts. Enjoy. I must send off my TPS report and head home, fighting the angry mob of pedestrians and motorists to get to the comfort of my smelly, sticky apartment. Oh yay! Annnd, Game 6 tonight! So that should be really exciting!! I can't decide who I want to win... Lakers for the underdog rootin', or Celtics... we'll see who has the best lookin' team. That's usually how I decide things.

Peace!

No comments: