Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Robots, and other things I hate.

Robots are the worst. Kind of like tuberculosis, or monsters under the bed, or Hillary Clinton. They're all bad. Except for that movie with the Savage brothers, something with "Monster Under My Bed" in the title, maybe "Don't Tell Mom That The Monster Under My Bed Took Us To His Underground Lair With Lots of Stairs and Boxes." Something like that. Wow. Ben Savage is looking real good these days, real good.

So, why do you hate robots?, you ask. Well, duh! Why wouldn't I? They're evil outsourcing bastards! They steal jobs from capable, hardworking humans, and that is just downright unacceptable! Also, they terrify me. Blame it on my paranoia and Arnold Schwarzenegger (yeah, good luck spell check - wow. it got it, that's amazingly odd, though not at all because he's the highest and most powerful robotic form), he didn't just play a robot as coincidence, he is one. And a damn charismatic one at that! Have you seen "Junior" or perhaps, "Twins" - both co-starring Danny Devito (who[m] I love!)? Amazing. AND KINDERGARTEN COP!!!

Yes, I have been thwarted by the robots. It turns out this job that I just started two weeks ago - which I'm very much enjoying, might I add - is going belly-up and moving to a coastal robot factory at the end of the year. Kind of bums me out, mostly because it's a pretty sweet deal, and I really don't like looking for jobs, interviewing, and that whole stupid process. Though, maybe I'll be able to land a job with Oprah... I don't know how much better that would be seeing how as I'm also convinced that she, too, is a robot.

Robots ruin everything. Everything. And clowns. Make a movie about a clown robot, and of course it's evil, and most definitely I will not be going to the theater to see it, or even renting it when it comes out. Thank you "It." Thank you Stephen King. He's a really great writer I must admit, have you ever read, "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption?" Amazing. Soooo good, I love it, a lot.

Alright, I'm losing my train of thought because one of my co-workers is making courtesy welcome calls to let people know that their online business profiles are up and running, and he's speaking unbearably loud so I'm finding hard to concentrate on blogging (so much so that I first typed "concert" instead of "concentrate" - must be my subconscious, I really want to go to a concert, and soon! Thank goodness the Blues Fest is this weekend, thank goodness it's summertime in Chicago!). Also, he keeps saying, "Have a good/great afternoon." Umm, well, it's only 9:45am, so I'm pretty sure that it's not afternoon time anywhere that we're calling. I bet people on the west coast are not enjoying that.

Good day, and until I write and you read again. Farewell and adieu.

Horsemeat

No comments: