Meet Li'l Mama (though she was named, "Bashful" at the shelter, we thought about "Bessie" for a hot second, or at least I did because I thought she looked like a cow and my Mom had a cow named Bessie when she was growing up in Nebraska, this was around the time they also still used an outhouse and she'd be afraid to go out at night because when the wind blew the door she thought it sounded like there was a gorilla inside. And I just now thought of the name, "Cecilia Meriweather Foxtrot" and we could call her "CMF" or "Cute Mother-fucker" for short)!! Welcome, lady face.
She's just a precious treasure and I love her so, so much already - though I can't quite say "with all of my heart" just yet because she likes scratching the furniture and not her post, and we bought her some toys and she was disinterested in ALL of them - EVEN THE LASER!! Seriously, cat!? Seriously? But this morning I was able to get her to play with a feather on a string attached to a stick. Silly kitty. She's so cute! When we were driving her home, the ACS put her in a cat carrier box for us, and she kept sticking her cute lil black and white nose out of the holes. Awwww! Kitty, kitty. Also, I'd love her with all of my heart if she learned how to use a broom to sweep up her kitty litter mess that she flings out of her box - note: not my favorite thing to walk on. Buuuuuuut, I think Erin and I underestimated her playfulness at the shelter, which is a good thing. She sure is snuggly and cuddly, and boy does she purr (sounds like a freaking motorboat - nonstop, I kid you not. I'm getting used to it, but it was kind of distracting last night) and she loves to snuggle under covers; I just took a nap with her on the couch. LIL MAMA!!! Hey kitty, kitty!! And I'm starting to develop a crazy cat voice, a little higher than my creepy dog voice that sounds like the Buffalo Bill in "Silence of the Lambs" ("Is she that great big fat lady?" - E and I love saying that to each other and just laughing and laughing, and probably scaring anyone within hearing range).OOOOOOOOOOH! She's licking her paw right now, sitting at the edge of the sofa. I took some other pictures of her (of course, why not) but she kind of looks retarded in them, like her eyes aren't open all the way. She makes me laugh, a lot, and I almost don't want to get a job so I can play with her all the time. Yesterday, Erin and I brought her home and then we had to go get her things at Pet Smart, when we came home she was hiding between the couch and the wall and we thought, "Oh great. We got a hider, wonderful." But then she came out and started rubbing her catness all over everything. Marking her territory - apparently cats spray pheromones outta their butts, or something. Strange creatures. She has a cute little meow, too. I'm in love, love, love with my kitty!! Okay, I'm sure I'll write more about her later as I'm soooooooo crazy about her already.

2 comments:
We had two calves when I was a kid--Sammie and Sarah. Bessie is a common cow name. So is Elsie. When Sammie and Sarah "went away" we were told they went to a relative's farm but I realize now they were probably sent to the butcher. The relative's farm story was to spare my tender 4-5 year old feelings.
Oh, man. I hate cats. Except the ones that sleep lazily on the porches of Southern Manors. Do you live in a Southern Manor, Kate? No. No you don't. Cats see ghost. Don't forget that when you wake up in the middle of the night and your Lil' Mama is intensely staring at the creepy empty dark corner. You'll think, 'what are you looking at Lil' Mama.' But we both know the corner only looks empty to us, the non-ghost seers. We know she is looking at a ghost. Possibly an old man - an old serial killer ghost - that killed a family in your apartment - the ghost of a MURDER!
Stupid cats.
Post a Comment