Monday, May 4, 2009

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

You might (or might not) be familiar with my rational fear of robots... they are out to destroy, therefore my fear is rational. Yes, rational. Judge me not, sir or madam! Judge me not. Recently I had the opportunity to work on lessening this fear of mine by attending a prom full of robots, myself included. Baby steps, people. Baby steps. Seeing as how we were all a bunch of people in robots' clothing, my fear came to a hold for the night. Here are pictures to show how much fun robot-people are. I suppose robot-people would be otherwise known as cyborgs, which may actually be worse than real robots because they think they are humans (I believe this is the premise to the new Terminator movie with Hottie McHotstein Christian Bale) and duh(!) they're not! Potentially the reason I did not enjoy AI, in addition to the unnecessary length, was because of all the cyborgs.

Speaking of cyborgs, this weekend I was talking with my bartender (boss at my work, not like my alcohol supplier who I pretend is my 'friend') about technology and how our society is becoming grossly attached. Talk soon went from children who are constantly plugged into their PS player-thingies and will grow up having horrible interpersonal skills outside of their 'IDK's and 'LOL's (with pale skin and poor eyes) to becoming cyborgs ourselves by inserting chips and disks and other sorts of devices into ourselves to make life a little bit easier... I was all about the intellectual debate until he went into chip insertion. Yeah, the idea of knowing and understanding the language of a foreign country is really awesome, but the icky-weirdness of machine parts in our bodies is not. Then, dude patron at the bar brought up the good point of that taking away the joy of learning and life experience. Bartender commented that dude was in the minority and that made me sad to hear and hoped/wished that bartender was wrong about that. I don't want to be a robot, ever. Even partially. No thanks. So I'll probably be one of the first to die in the robot v. human war. Oh God! I'm scaring myself! Hopefully this won't happen in my lifetime, and my children will be technologically equipped enough to successfully deal with the problem themselves.

PS - in terms of the pictures, proof that I like dancing; look terrible in really bright lighting; need to not attend open bar functions for a while (I was convinced I wasn't going to make it through Sunday and have not touched, nor felt the urge to consume, alcohol since... new goal: see how long I can make this last as Mother says alcoholism runs in the fam, guess some ancestor literally lost the farm due to a alcoholic-gambling binge way back when. Week 1 = success! I win!); look really great in leggings; can only wear high heels for a limited amount of time; am sassy.

No comments: