Monday, April 13, 2009

What're They Washing?

SO, I'm pretty positive my neighbors are washing tools or tooling equipment pieces... like bolts and nuts and such in the downstairs community laundry unit ($2 each machine, needless to say I use the laundromat down the street). It's on spin cycle right now. No way those're tennis shoes. Seriously. Also, more fun things about the apartment! It's springtime now, y'know? Yeah. So, we have ants? I've seen three in 24-hours. Does that count as an infestation? Do I call my lackadaisical landlord? (Keep the receipt for the traps, yes?) And having the ability to view the basement through various places in the apartment. That's fun, too! I'm scared about the spiders coming back, so I've been keeping my room real clean, oooh, but in my shoes, my shoes! I always hated that stupid Arachnophobia movie (not even gonna search the IMDb site for you that's how much I don't like it, though I'd probably watch it if I flipped upon it on TNT one day, if I even get that channel anymore, if that channel even exists) for furthering my fears on the species. Terrible! Terrible! At least I don't cry when I see Silverfish anymore, so we're making steps.

HONESTLY! What is in the washing machine?! I don't even want to know. I bet I don't want to know. I haven't heard the neighbors' dog in a while. Maybe they're washing his bones? I really want to watch Tom Hanks in "The Burbs" right now - that bones comment just made me think of it, and the neighbors' basement, and the creepy wolf kid. Wow. Okay, so throughout these ramblings I recalled a memory from fourth grade, Ms. Beck's class, when these HSers or collegians came in and taught us all about writing whatever came to our minds, or stream of consciousness, and I remember thinking how fun it was and how I loved it a lot. And that's all she wrote about that. But then, thinking about that made me think about the first time I felt like I was flying when I ran the mile... I think I was in third grade or something, and I remember towards the end I was just soaring, and that was pretty great, too. I probably sang a song about it on the walk home from school. And climbed a tree. And touched everything. And probably talked to strangers. Man, not a whole lot's changed. I like complimenting strangers. And smiling at homeless, or completely ignoring them and then feeling terrible pity for their situation and thanking goodness that it's not me. Oooh. Uhhhh. Hey, did you see that "Happy Go Lucky" movie? Okay, so the part where she's walking somewhere at night, underneath the railroad tracks and she follows that crazy homeless man for a while... what was that about? Completely gratuitous? Yes.

They must'a just put the tools in before I came home...

No comments: