Thursday, April 23, 2009

FROOOOO HAT!!

I woke up to the Beatles this morning, yoga'd, ran and am applying for jobs all across the board - so it's going to be a good day, I have to say. I've decided. That much we're trying for (apologies for the previous post as I was drunk and feeling downtrodden). Annnnnnnnyway, I just wanted to share this awesome image with you because it always makes me smile, and I hope it will do the same for you.Did it do the trick; are you smiling? You should be if you aren't. Just sayin'. Y'know, just so y'know?

Alllllllllllllllso(!), Tuesday night I went to the Yann Tiersen/Asobi Seksu concert with my good buddy, Ty. And it was very French and very rocking. Asobi wasn't so French, but wow! They were great, like I want to put them in my pocket great. Lady has a set of chords on her, that's for sure. I got excited when they played "Thursday" cause that's about the only so I recognized, but I really enjoyed their performance. Yann and crew came out and immediately blew everyone away, though after every song I wanted him/someone to pick up an accordion and bust into some Amelie-inspired tunes, sadly this didn't happen until the encore (La Valse... something or other, I'll check with Ty as the wine had a firm grasp on me by then), buuuuut when it did - wow, I can't even - wow. Dude ripped the shit out of his violin bow, I'll say that much. There was some song with "sinking" in it that made tears fall into my wine, but I can't seem to find any YT songs online... so it was good, and the bassist was hot to trot. Mmm mmm mmm. French.

To top off the night, as if it wasn't already awesome enough, Ty and I went over to his friend's apartment and we played a few hands of Strip Old Maid - hahaha. I know, I know! This was the first time I ever played a strip game and I was happy to share it with a bunch of fine, gay men. I thought I was going to win my last hand at 3am and announced that I would be clothing myself and departing... good thing I did that because I didn't win and the intimates were next in line to go - oh no! So yes, one thing always leads to another and it always starts with a fro hat. What? I was just trying to come full circle on the post... I gotta get outta here and go walking in the sunshine.

No comments: