I had my first "first date" with a match "dot" commer last night. Oh boy. He was late, by 15 minutes. I thought I was being stood up, it was an awful feeling, and I drank 2 beers in the time I waited... first beer averaged 4.32 minutes, and the second lasted up to 11 minutes. I finished and I was just about ready to get up and go, and he walked in the door, wiping the sweat from his brow. We shook hands (I didn't know what to do! ha) and he explained that he parked 7 blocks away, thinking the place we were meeting was somewhere else... hmmm. Likely story, sir. Anyway, it was interesting. He was handsome and I was slightly distracted/staring most of the evening. Oops! He's 26, smart, seemingly has everything together. We had some pretty good conversations throughout the evening. Talking about livin' life, family, the "good" hipsters vs. the "bad" hipsters, books, music, crazy things that happen in cities... like cougars in Roscoe Village
--sidenote: on Sunday, in Lincoln Park's park, two guys that were playing frisbee with one of my friends came over to talk to us (they couldn't resist the ladies) and we discussed the cougar with them, as well. At first we were wondering, why would anyone own a cougar. And, if they did, and they realized it was gone, they probably thought, Oh shit! But then, the one guy in the black shirt was saying that the cougar traveled all the way from North Dakota, and we joked that he was on a revenge trip. Picked up a scent of someone who camped on the cougar's turf and traveled onward to Roscoe Village, Chicago, where he was maliciously gunned down. 18 bullets!! Wicki-wicki-what?! Black shirt made a joke that Rookie Mike needed some shooting practice - good times. --
and other things of social importance. Anyway, we had a few beers, laughed, and spun on the swivel chairs. Then, he started getting yawny around 11, and I made fun of him for having a "real job." We left the bar, he was walking that way to his car, and I said, "Hey. My bike's right here." There were a buncha people outside, and it was a real awkward good-bye, I didn't know whether to shake his hand or hug him... we did the polite thing and said we enjoyed each other's company. Which I did. I wasn't lying, he's a beautiful and interesting guy, but a little too serious for me - he was really well spoken, too. Which isn't a bad thing at all, but then I would talk about some book I'm reading, say "The Idiot" by Dostoevsky and I would fumble over all my words, sprinklin' "like"s and "um"s all over the place. If my step mother were there (that would be weird, number 1) she would've had a conniption and I would've rolled my eyes at her. Rolling eyes, weird. I just did it, and it kind of hurt, my left eye closed a little with the roll, too. I don't think I'll be doing that again - rolling eyes, not dates... I've got more of those lined up, which is really stressful to tell you the truth.
Whoa, I just had a lightbulb! What if I end up getting into a relationship with one of these guys that I'm talking smack on, and one day we happen to talk about the fact that I have a blog and he checks it out and gets offended. Let me just say, "Hey, baby. I didn't know then that I would love you soooooo much now. I'm glad we're where we are now. Let the past stay where it is... in the past." Smile.
I had a pretty wonderful day today. I slept in, well, I tried, but then I woke up to my phone. Groggily I answered, feigning alertness, and it was someone from some place asking if I was interesting in a sales position job... making 500-700 calls a week. "Um, no thanks." Then, I played some guitar, gchatted for a bit, hopped on my bike, rode to the lake, ran for a bit, hopped back on my back and rode home. Then, I putzed around my apartment for a bit. ANNNNND THEN!! I got a call from this temping agency that I applied with yesterday(!) for an interview on Tuesday - the position would involve writing blurbs for businesses on some search site, or something - sounds like fun, and it's a temp. foot in the door in the "real world" of jobs. Also, I have a phone interview for an admin assistant in Lincolnwood, but I forgot what the company is... important thing to know, and I'll find out tomorrow. So, fun things all around.
Now, I must go and get ready for a concert. I need to drink some coffee or something, I'm feeling a tad sleepy. WAKE UP! Alright, kids.
Peace.
Boarding Schools Exist For a Reason: A Lesson in Parenting
-
Spending a rainy Saturday watching the Lifetime Movie Network, one thing
has been made clear to me: teenage girls are terrifying and they all belong
in boa...
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment