Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Really Awesome Candy

Benji Hughes!! I finally got my copy of "A Love Extreme" - it's been on my list for quite some time now, and I luvrf it. Listen to some of the songs, they're about love; pop-y funtimes with quirky, lovely lyrics. The melodies and stories become one in "A Love Extreme" because it seems they are... in love, with eachother, the music and lyrics (which I watched the end and beginning of Friday night, then switched over to "Slaughterhouse Five" but that's not now, and I digress). From an electronic note to his neighbor down the hall to a love ballad about a girl in a tower, Benji covers all genres of music; he's everywhere from Weezer to Poison to Elvis Costello. Enjoy.Also, is it just me or does Mr. Hughes bear a slight resemblance to the dearly departed, Mr. Mitch Hedberg? Probably just the sunglasses, shaggy hair and my overexposure to the sun. Or, they could be brothers.

No comments: