Well, well, well. How many patriotic pins can one fit on a lapel?So, we know that both veep candidates respect each other, and that's a good thing; they, uh, both have accomplishments to their name, though I believe Joe does more than Ms. Palin.
Straight up, now tell me, Sarah. What are you going to do for me and my fellow Patriots? She claimed that she prefers the debate's "straight talk" rather than letting the pundits trick up her words. But she didn't say much of anything besides that she loves Alaska, being a Soccer Mom on Saturday mornings and sometimes she sits around the kitchen table worrying about how to pay for necessary medical bills that her Party's ticket isn't going to make any easier to pay off. Oh, and taxes. Let's get back to those taxes. Can we go back to the taxes? I love taxes and I'm gonna tax the shit out of you, America, she says it with a smile so it's like a spoonful of sugar helping the cyanide go down. Plus, John and Sarah are hometown mavericks who love third graders, and making shout outs on TRL.
I don't think she'll get greedy and corrupt Wallstreet's vote. Phew!
Biden, Biden, Biden. Good ole, Joe. He was a great debater. He knew specific facts, corrected Palin's mistakes, had a great demeanor about him the entire night and he was honest. Oh, he’s so nice: You’re “dead wrong” John McCain – but I love him. I love him. Marry me. Marry me, John. I know I just said I don’t support gay marriage, but I can’t help how I feel. This is my plea; marry me. I've read some comments that claimed he spoke too often in "Senate Speak" whatever the hell that means, probably that he didn't address the People as "Joe Six Pack" - so he's a guy who knows his stuff, isn't that the type of person you want behind the second most powerful desk in the country? Yeah, I do, but apparently not everyone. People like people they can relate to. YAY! Let's make the basketball coach President, he's dealt with parents from the other teams, he can handle foreign policies and he grills the best spread of the summer! Put 'im on the ticket!
Enough of me. If you didn't catch the debate last night, or you need a recap, read this. Seems pretty balanced and left-leaning, just like I like it - sane. And here are some fun pictures of the history of humans and debate from Slate.
Do you hate McCain? Do you want to hate him more, or know why you should in the first place? Then read this eye-opening, all-told article from the forthcoming issue of Rolling Stone. Maverick, Schmaverick. Jerk face is more like it!

No comments:
Post a Comment