Tuesday, July 12, 2011

OK, See I...

...find myself doing things simply for the story they'll give me. So far this hasn't got me into any trouble, but there's a first time for everything. As they say.

I signed up for online dating. Or re-signed up, cause I've done it before. I know!! Why did I do this? Because I want to trick someone into loving me. Oh, that sounds sad. Rephrased: I want to find a cool dude to travel with, who will end up falling head over heels in love with me, and I with him, and apparently I don't know how to approach men in public, when I'm sober, and may not remember it or keep my composure when I'm drunk.

First fun story to come out of this and also bad news bears; one of the first messages I received reads:
haha, all your pics are super goofy but i like it because you're kind of cute. let's go get a drink when you're not busy, but that's everyday! 
Awesome! I'm almost tempted to respond to this guy with a "You shouldn't tell people they are kind of anything. Either they are or they aren't. And I am busy every day, so I can't meet you - ever." Just because I don't smile in photos and I'm currently unemployed doesn't mean I'm not a catch!
  .
I probably won't tell you any more about this foray into the 011000110010101 forest of men, but I just might. Oh yes, I just might. Or I'll delete this post after a week and you'll never read anything about dating from me ever again and I'll just write about all my wonderful cats.

No comments: