I missed the bus tonight. At the Art Walk in downtown LA with my girl, KTO. We crossed the cross-walk. I stopped midway to take a photo of this Merry Prankster-esque bus. A blonde Otto at the wheel. Kids hanging out of windows all over the place. Upon completing the crossing a raccoon-hatted Asian chick (on said bus) beckoned to me and KTO. "Hop on! Come with us!" The light changed green and we were all left hanging in open-mouthed awe, looking longingly as the distance gained. I've always wanted to ride on a magic school bus.
SHIT!
Not a bus, but about missing opportunities.
It was probably for the best. The bus-ees looked a bit young and they were probably boring and sober, or on the opposite extreme, high on heroin. Regardless, I'm going on the "things happen for a reason" route and trying not to imagine all the fun they're having right now... in jail.
Does this mean I'm getting old? I mean, I'm almost 26. Almost. Not yet there. If I was five, I'd totally be telling people I was six right now and my older brother, Alex, would embarrassingly correct me.
SHIT!
Not a bus, but about missing opportunities.
It was probably for the best. The bus-ees looked a bit young and they were probably boring and sober, or on the opposite extreme, high on heroin. Regardless, I'm going on the "things happen for a reason" route and trying not to imagine all the fun they're having right now... in jail.
Does this mean I'm getting old? I mean, I'm almost 26. Almost. Not yet there. If I was five, I'd totally be telling people I was six right now and my older brother, Alex, would embarrassingly correct me.

No comments:
Post a Comment