I don't know what I'm doing in creating a blog, or why. I guess I've got too much time on my hands, to-to too much time on my hands. A-wicki-wicki-wha.
I've been in this Windy City for almost a month, which is weird for me. Weird in that I'm back in Chicago. I've had various stints with the city; birth to the age of 2, freshman year of college, summer before my super senior semester, and now to embark on the journey into my "adulthood." Being an "adult" is weird, I put it in quotations because I don't necessarily consider myself an adult, yet. I'll be a full-blown adult when I A.) have a 9-5 with health insurance and benefits, or B.) turn 25 - hopefully it will be A then B. Let's see.
Y'know, in thinking about my blog title, I have yet to consume a hot dog in this fair town, but I do enjoy exclaiming, "hot dog!" whenever something exciting or noteworthy happens. Such as today, when I returned a call for a potential job, and was granted an interview on Friday. I hung up the phone, did a high kick and shouted, "HOT DOG!" What a feeling!
I finally started volunteering!! Hooray!! Yesterday was my first day with after school drop-in tutoring. What an experience that was. I was really nervous before the kids came in, but it ended up being a pretty good first day. I had these two little sisters first, Kimberly and Catherine, and they were both in some seriously sour moods. Kimberly said that, "nothing!" was her favorite thing to do, and used it as a response to many other questions, but then I asked her about her necklace, and she went on and on and on about how her mother got it for her, and sometimes it gets caught in her hair, and then she was talking too fast so I just smiled and nodded and said, "Wow! It sure is shiny!" And Catherine forgot her homework at school, picked out a Magic School Bus book for me to read to her - which was surprisingly long compared to Kimberly's selection, "I Like Bugs!" - and then she wouldn't sit still. Kids! Also, she kept trying to make everyone spell their name with a "C," it was bizarre. We did some 1st grade math, and then Reina came in and needed help with her 10th grade biology!!! WHAT!?! NO way. But I tried my best to decipher the text book drivel, and I really hope we did the problems right... she was studying Mendel gene stuff, with the cross something boxes... phenotypes and such. Then, I "helped" her with a book report. It needed more editing then we did, and I should've asked her more questions about the format, but it was good. Hey! It was my first day, I'm learning, too!
Another thing that made me say, "hot dog!" yesterday, was this fabulous yellow spring jacket I purchased at GAP. It - oh my gosh - is adorable! I can't wait for the weather to warm up. And! it was on sale. You can't beat that!
OKay, so I believe I'm done with my first post. That was fun. Hope you enjoyed yourself. And, let's say I'll get better as time goes on. I'm like a fine wine, or a nicely casked whisky. Mmm! Alcohol.
Boarding Schools Exist For a Reason: A Lesson in Parenting
-
Spending a rainy Saturday watching the Lifetime Movie Network, one thing
has been made clear to me: teenage girls are terrifying and they all belong
in boa...
14 years ago

1 comment:
You obviously don't have enough time on your hands to write another post. Don't turn out to be a one hit wonder like Cribby Squires and Ding Bat Tally.
Post a Comment